Sunday, March 09, 2014

A little sacrifice could make a person happy

A little sacrifice could make a person happy 

The clock strike 8’o clock in the morning and I am impatiently waiting for my servant to come at this time. I am busy with my two kids in getting prepared for school. Now the clock strike 8.15. “It’s getting late. Why this Manjula is making late. I have to complete all my work; otherwise I will be delayed to my college.” I told my husband who is busy to his office.”Just make a call to her” my husband replied me. I immediately called her through my mobile “where are you right now. It’s already late. When will you come.”
She said, “Sorry ma, today I feel feverish and tired, so I am not competent to come to your house”.’
"But this you could have informed me earlier. I could have made some other arrangements.”
All of a sudden I don’t know what to do, so I immediately called my college principal and informed that I am on leave. Same thing happened, the next day.  With full of anger I called her and said “Tomorrow you have to come, otherwise I will look for other maid. She promised me that she will come the next day. She is the only person who has to take care of her only daughter and her earnings greatly support her daughter studies. If ever she leaves the job she might face difficulty to run her family. So I thought definitely she might come the next day.
Next day in the early morning I felt that someone is knocking the door. When I opened, I am shocked to see Manjula’s daughter in the door.
“Doctor said my mother to take rest for 2 weeks. She has viral fever, so she sent me to help you”.
“What about your school today?. ” I asked her.
“Till my mom gets well, I will go to school at 10’0 clock, so that I can come here and complete all work before that,” she replied. Meanwhile she helped me in all my work, and after two days I was able to go to my job.
In the college, I am little disturbed by the small girl’s statement and all my thoughts were around her. My hearts says that I am doing mistake. If she is late to school for two weeks then how could she able to grasp her studies. At the same time I thought how to manage for two weeks without a person for help. It is today that because of her I can able to come to my job.
In the evening I talked about this to my husband, “I don’t want her to go late to school. As a teacher I know the value of education, so I decided to send her to school.”
"Then what will you do.?”
 I let know the situation to my principal, they may provide permission for one week .So, In the morning I can mange. But, who will take care of kids in the evening?” I asked my husband.
He replied, “Okay. I will consult this with my higher authority in the office and if possible I will come earlier in the evening to take care of the kids”.
On receiving a positive reply from my husband, I was really happy. I informed Manjula to take rest and come to work after she is completely alright. I could feel gratitude in Manjula’s voice. I pattered back for making Manjula "happy and special" by listening to my heart.


0 comments:

Post a Comment