Friday, February 06, 2015

Look Up - A moment that filled me with optimism for my future writing

Look Up - A moment that filled me with optimism for my future writing

Image Source - https://housing.com/lookup
 I always had a fear to raise out my opinion in words. Though I had an interest to pen down my thoughts, I always had a nervousness that people would criticize my words. I pull a lot of courage and scribble a small write-up and post in Facebook wall. But I delete it immediately as soon as I post. I had an anxiety that people would post negative comments and my views will feed them to analyse my character. Interesting fact is, none in my family members knew that I can write.
It was in last year, my son came back from school. As usual he went for playing and returned home at 6.00 P.M to do homework. I took out his school diary to know the homework for the day. The teacher has mentioned about the upcoming writing competition that their school was organizing for Independence Day. A student can choose any one of topic listed from five topics. I chose “Unity in Diversity”.
 https://housing.com/lookup
Since I had a passion to write, I started writing about the topic. Without my knowledge I had completed two page. By that time, my husband was back from his office. I did not make a big deal about the writing. In fact I wrote that only to thrash in dustbin. I went to make coffee for him. By the time I returned from Kitchen with Coffee he stood up and was clapping for me. Sometimes, he becomes crazy and I thought today is one such day. He knows my handwriting and hence he understood that I had only writing that content. He scolded me for hiding that skills from him. I did not believe his words. I thought he was just teasing me like every other days. He took a snapshot of my writing and send it to my parents in what’s app. Tears filled my eyes and fear blocked my mind. I was afraid that they must have concluded some wrong image about me based on my views about Unity in Diversity.
My husband understood what’s running in my mind. He convinced that the writing was good. Though I understood the truth in his voice, my mind was not ready to believe. On the other side, he understood that I have a basic writing skills which on proper molding could make be a better writer. He don’t want to my writing interest to get wasted. So, he suggested me to start a blog. Still I remember my eyes expression that went wide on hearing the word start a blog. I firmly said not to tease me further and went to kitchen to continue my dinner.
But it did not stop over there. Next day morning, my husband said our son is going to participate in writing competition and If he wins first prize in the competition, i.e with the article I had written, I have to start a blog. I know my writing will not win even in school level and I happily agreed for that deal.
But to my astonishment, my son won the writing competition and the teacher also gave a note that the views expressed in the contest was unique and fresh. When people started recognizing my work, it gave me a confidence and optimism for my future writing. I had no clue how to start a blog. I searched in Google and created a blog on the same day.
When my husband returned from office, he was happy to hear 2 good news. One, his son got first prize in writing competition and two his wife has started a blog. It was his turn to react for the good news and he took us out for dinner.


0 comments:

Post a Comment